Exchange UM Auto Attendant Key Mappings Not Transferring Calls After SP1
After upgrading my Exchange 2010 environment to SP1 we ran into an issue where our Auto Attendant would not transfer calls to our OCS Response Groups and users. If you dialed by name or number, it would transfer, but if a key mapping was set to transfer to an extension, it would fail.
Key Mapping of 1 set to extension 1000
Extension 1000 is an OCS Response Group Workflow
Key Mapping 4 is set to a separate auto attendant that is speech enabled and intended for use with saying a persons name or extension to reach them.
When a caller pressed the 1 key, the attendant would say “The call could not be transferred”
When pressing 4, and then entering the same extension, 1000, the call would dial properly.
I setup a new AA to run some tests and tried everything imaginable to get this working. No matter what I did, the key mappings would not transfer to an extension, or a full DID of a user off of the auto attendant. All other dial by name or extension functionality worked.
Running traces on the OCS front end and mediation showed no sign of a refer happening, which would appear when the call transfer was attempted.
I finally broke down and opened a PSS case, they had me set a dialing restrictions rule on the Dial Plan and Auto Attendant to allow all numbers.
Now, normally ,this was only used to dial outbound, so if a user setup dialing rules on their mailbox, or the auto attendant or dial plan had to call a number outside of the organization. I had previously no rules that allowed for any internal number patters, only 10 digit external number patterns.
This is just a normal allow all rule:
By setting a rule to allow all dialing and applying it to the dial plan and auto attendant, the issue was resolved.
I will update as soon as I find out if this is a bug, or if it is how it is going to be going forward.